Thursday, February 21, 2019

Observation



I got some spectacularly dramatic lighting from this window. It's amazing the difference light can make. But I guess that's kind of the point of photography as an art form.



I took advantage of this opportunity to stand up on a pedestal in front of the open window. I feel like this could be some kind of living art exhibit...


I wanted to do a clone shot with somebody outside looking up through the window, but it took some doing. My phone camera doesn't have a remote - I'm stuck with the maximum ten second timer. So hitting the button and getting outside and around the house to that window was going to be a challenge. I suspect it would have been slightly shorter going out the front instead of the back, but even though I was dressed during this portion of the shoot, I didn't want to draw a whole lot of attention to myself repeatedly running out the front door. So I went out the back several times, but the best I could do was show up as a blur in the corner of the window in the very last frame (whenever you put my phone on self-timer, it automatically takes ten shots in rapid succession). The turning point was figuring out that I could prop the door open before I started my run, which gave me the few extra seconds I needed to pull it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment