Sunday, October 22, 2023

Why should I pay to see your art?

Question: Why should I pay for a subscription on a fansite when you share so much of your art for free?

Answer: This is a very good question, and I hope that what I have for you is a very good answer. Both as an artist and an exhibitionist, I enjoy sharing my self-portraits with other people. I do it for myself as much as for the rest of you who like to see the pictures I take. But though it is work I would do for free (and have, for many years), I still believe artists deserve to be paid for the labor that goes into creating art, if for no other reason than it justifies them spending that time creating art and not working a different job. If you like art, and think it has value, then artists should get paid. Otherwise, there would be no art.


I'll come straight out and say, I'm not a good businessman. I wasn't born to a wealthy family of venture capitalists, I don't understand the calculus of economic risk vs. reward, and I don't have an entreprenurial bone in my body. But I'm creative, and expressive; that's why I'm an artist and not a business owner. That said, money doesn't just enable us to afford luxury, it's a requirement for survival. And I believe my dedication to the art of nude photography over a span of more than 15 years (with my earliest forays into the genre dating back to 2002!) possesses salable value. I'm not just an amateur hobbyist. This is my life's passion.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Art can and should speak for itself; I share more than enough of it for you to form an opinion on what I do. The fact is, there are people out there willing to pay for it, and I'd be a fool to turn them down. That leaves you with a choice. I've never wanted to lock my art - and my voice for self-expression - behind a paywall, excluding those who can't afford admittance. As a starving artist, believe me when I say I know what that's like. That's why you will always be able to enjoy a meaningful portion of the fruits of my labors free of charge. At the same time, I want to reserve special privileges as a reward for those who are able and willing to help support me financially (in whatever small part).


So, what do you get when you subscribe to one of my paid accounts? For now, there are two things of consequence that I am offering. One of them is quantity. Although I like to share many of the best works I produce with wider audiences, paying fans get access to everything. Even in my most prolific year on Twitter, I posted 143 images publicly, while in that same time, I shared 882 images with paying fans. That's a lot more variety - and a much greater chance of finding something you like. That includes entire photo sets and alternate poses not seen anywhere else - scores of good quality images that simply never made the highly exclusive "PR reel". Plus, you'll get behind the scenes views and a deeper insight into my mindset and photographic process. And though I take all feedback into consideration, as a paying fan, your opinions and suggestions about what I shoot will hold extra weight.

And that's not even the best part. Reserved solely for subscribers is nearly the entirety of my videographic output, uncensored and unrestricted by regressive community standards. You've seen me in still frame after still frame, and occasionally in multi-frame animations. Paying fans get to see me in full motion video - fully naked, and fully aroused, too. Imagine your favorite image of mine, and picture it not just as a photo set with up to a dozen or more variations, but in motion! In the same year cited above, I posted as many videos as there are weeks in a year - but for subscribers' eyes only. Most of them are relatively short exhibitions (so you'll never get bored!) of me engaged in various nude activities, indoors and out. But from time to time, fans will get an extra special treat. For just five bucks you can see it all. Then you can decide for yourself whether it's worth it. So go on, give it a shot. I'm sitting here without any clothes on, just waiting for you to come inside.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you zharth. I am the same as you and I have no attraction towards money. Completely the opposite. But you have talent, not me (except perhaps for photography). You know that I have been following you for some time and my only regret is not having known your Twitter site. I love your site on JustForFans and I never fail to leave my appreciation (maybe a little too much, lol)
    ​I hope you will find new admirers for the beautiful artistic photos and videos you produce and help maintain and encourage their production.
    Thanks for them, I enjoy them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued support. It means a lot to me. Don't ever feel like your appreciation is too much. I hear those words of affirmation and they have a tangible effect.

      It's counter-intuitive, but I feel like in this age of "social" media it's too easy to feel ignored (especially when Elon is deliberately suppressing your posts - all in the name of "free speech" :-/).

      It seems small, but a little bit of recognition is something we all need from time to time. So thank you for that.

      Delete