Sunday, June 10, 2018

Dressed Up



My latest shot for the Why Nudism? project stumped me for the longest time. (Egads! It's been over two and a half months since my last entry!). I had an idea of what I wanted to convey - the dichotomy between me dressed as a girl, and my naked male body - but I couldn't figure out how to portray it. The two ideas I had - 1) me standing naked in front of my closet with dresses strewn about, and 2) me standing in front of a mirror wearing a dress, staring at my naked reflection - were both too similar to shots I'd already taken for this project, and I was loath to repeat myself. It took me forever to think of another way to simultaneously show this dichotomy, in a single shot. Then, finally, I thought about doing a double exposure (actually, a merging of layers in Photoshop), and it all fell into place!


No comments:

Post a Comment