Monday, September 11, 2023

Public Showers

I've been sorta preoccupied with showering in public this summer (since even before that stimulating experience showering with nudist strangers), at campground bath houses and pool locker rooms and the like, sometimes even pushing the boundaries of where I remain uncovered. I figure, I don't wrap up in my bathroom at home, going from the tub to the sink; if it's understood that these are shower facilities, there should be implied acceptance of incidental nudity. The lengths to which textiles will sometimes go in order to avoid exposure is absolutely mental in my opinion, and I refuse to engage in it beyond reason.

Sometimes nudity is the most sensible state of dress.

It's not that I'm unconcerned about the ethics of appearing naked in front of "nonconsenting" strangers. After all, in this gymnophobic culture, I am made to feel like a monster for even thinking about enjoying the sensation of being undressed in public. But I feel very differently about the human body than most (it would seem), and while we're forced to cover up anywhere and everywhere, there are certain places where I think nonconfrontational, nonsexual nudity simply belongs.

How do I wrap my hair if the towel's around my waist?

It's not that I actually want to expose myself to unsuspecting strangers - something that hasn't happened all summer long in the relatively uncrowded restrooms I've visited (the risks I take are always carefully calculated), it's just that there is a remarkable dearth of opportunities in this culture to simply engage in and be surrounded by adherents of the sort of "free body culture" that I enjoy and crave to experience on a far more regular basis than it is convenient to do in this society.

Individual stalls offer privacy, but the open format is more fun.

I accept that I have minority views, and perhaps I deserve to live shut up in an isolated community with other eccentrics like myself. But until I'm forced to do that, I'm a part of this society, and I believe in the freedom to pursue a lifestyle that makes me happy. And I believe there is a meaningful difference between the casual nudity I want to engage in (no matter if it might make some people uncomfortable sometimes) and the antisocial sort that's predicated on being a nuisance and a threat to the happiness and wellbeing of others. It's really quite simple: it's the difference between a naked person minding their own business, and a naked person minding your business. Once you start minding the naked person's business, you've become the nuisance.

When your body looks this good, it's a shame to cover it up.

I just hope it never comes down to being a matter of letting the courts decide. In my defense, I bend over backwards (in spite of how it may seem to those who have never experienced the daily drive that I feel to be naked as much as possible) to try to avoid the possibility of that ever happening. Yet of all the vices I could have, the tendency to want to strip naked isn't the worst one by far. And though saying this might make me sound insensitive to the concerns of others: really, the harm of seeing a naked person has been entirely overblown. In 99% of cases, it is minimal to non-existent - many reports even include positive reactions. If encountering a naked person makes you feel uncomfortable, the best thing you can do is strip down and join them - you'd be surprised at how good it feels!

4 comments:

  1. I am a monster and nuisance too, lol. I love the way you are saying things zharth, Sometime it is so funny (most of the time in an ironic way), like the mind your own business and... and agree about the impact of exposure being overrated. OMG I 💖💖💖💖 so much the caption under the last pic... ''When your body looks this good (how about amazing, wonderful, attractive desirable, etc), it's a shame ( a crime 😉) to cover it up. YESSSSSSSS I agree 200% (in your case 🤣🤣🤣)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really think most concerns are overrated, but I'm also torn because I don't want to be reckless and end up in legal trouble because I reavealed my humanity to the wrong person. Then again, we only live once and it kills me how much we force ourselves to suffer arbitrarily. It's nice that a lot of people believe in the lie of religion, and that they'll get everything they want when they're dead. For me, this life is the only one I've got. There's no point in wasting it.

      Also, I agree with the egalitarian nudist ethos, but until the rest of society gets there, I think beautiful people *should* have different rules to live by. We should all be given an attractiveness rating, and the highest scorers should be legally mandated to expose themselves in public a certain minimum amount every day or week or whatever. There's so much beauty out there and it's being squandered! Why? I don't get it.

      Delete
    2. Very sad about the restrictions on our freedom to enjoy nudity and sexuality as we would like.
      I disagree with you about attractiveness rating.
      Ugly peoples (I should say les attractive peoples) have also the right to feel free to be naked.
      Katy Bates have done a nude scene in one of her movies. It was not attractive or sexy at all but I admired her courage to have done it.
      The same when I went to Martinique, most women are topless on the beach. There was a old lady there, around 75-80 yo, with her very low dry hanging breasts, not erotic at all but I was also admiring her for her courage to appears topless like this. Freedom for all. My two cents.
      But I agree, it is more erotic and sensual to look at a very pretty body.
      I would rate you on the top 10 for sure zharth 😍😍😍

      Delete
    3. As I said, I agree with the egalitarian nudist ethos. And these things are subjective anyway - how could we (societally) ever agree on such a thing as an attractiveness rating? But textiles say "it's never the people you want to see", and nudists claim attractive people get away with more - maybe that's true, but if you're a supermodel, you still can't walk your dog or do your shopping naked. The freedom of us all to be nude is important, but I'd think exhibiting those who are easy on the eyes would be a less painful proposition to the majority of the population. Of course, applying logic to human behavior and reasoning is a mistake I can't seem to stop making. Anyway, if we lived in a world where most people went nude, but the attractive ones still covered up (perhaps because of the quality of the attention they get?), then I would say we still have work to do. Freedom is high up there on the shelf, but I live and die for beauty.

      Delete