Friday, September 15, 2023

Belonging

What I find most interesting about this article (in which nudist travel bloggers Naked Wanderings reviews Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park) is that the author(s) haven't just reviewed the facilities they visited, but were actually able to record a demo video on the grounds. I'm sure they got special permissions, and they certainly have the reputation - and the proven skill - to do it justice. There can be no doubt that I am not the only one who envies their lifestyle, touring the world and producing quality content in support of the naturist lifestyle.

But I'm also caught thinking that they are so lucky to have found the lifestyle they love, that they have an opportunity to work passionately to support. I support nudism, and am invested in advocating for it, but even if I had the people skills to do something like this, I worry that I have too much of a preoccupation with beauty and sex-positivity to be viewed as "pure" enough of a nudist. And the reality is, I love nudism, but the lifestyle is still not a 100% perfect fit for me. And I fear that that perfect fit doesn't exist.

I'm just too much of a unique individual. I would love to meet a community that had all the same core beliefs that I have, with which I could share a mutual and unshaking respect. To which I could give my talents and my passions fully and wholeheartedly, to represent and advocate on behalf of. Instead, I feel lost and alone, drifting in a sea of people I can only ever relate to to a point. I like the idea behind the concept of "finding your tribe", but my search has been in vain all my life. I don't think I have one. And that makes me sad. Because I could be so much more than I am. If I could only find somewhere I belong.

2 comments:

  1. Just like me, you seem too individualistic to identify with a group. But we try our best with all situations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think I lack a quality that most humans possess, which is the drive to conform, out of a desire to belong to a group. I could, hypothetically, change myself to better fit in - and I see people do this all the time. But it doesn't feel right to me. I am who I am and I'm not going to change just so I can be more like somebody else. It's not authentic, and I don't have the ability to pull it off. But it doesn't mean I don't get lonely, being the only person in the world who's just like me.

      Delete