Saturday, March 10, 2018

Spring Flurries



I guess it's technically not spring yet, but it's getting awfully close. And just as I was lamenting that we'd see no more snow, here it comes again! Albeit not in enough volume to make a lasting impression. I swear, it snowed at least five different times in a single day, but after each time, the sun came out, and the snow melted completely, so that there was no trace of it ever having fallen, until the next one. There go my plans for "spring thaw"...


You know what they say about March - in like a lion, out like a lamb. I suppose they're referring to the animals' dispositions, but I've always felt it should be t'other way 'round. Because, to me - visually - a lamb with its fluffy white coat reminds me of the snow, whereas a lion with its golden mane reminds me of the sun. Ah well.



Speaking of animals, these shots were inspired by an image I took out in the snow many years ago (during the night, as you can see). Boy, did we have a lot of snow that year. I think that's what I was hoping for...


No comments:

Post a Comment