Thursday, March 8, 2018

Old Clothes



Introducing my first fitting room adventure of the year! I was looking for old clothes that look dated, for a photo concept I'm planning to shoot. It turned out to be harder than expected, not just finding vintage-looking pieces, but knowing how to put a whole outfit together according to the styles of decades past. Even though I grew up in the '90s, I didn't pay much attention to fashion at that age. And though I love '70s fashion, it can be hard to differentiate between vintage styles and modern recreations (and I think modern flares are a technical improvement over the bellbottoms of the past). Hopefully it'll look fine, though.





And this is why you knock first. :-p And before you say, "but this is what I want to see!", I have no way of knowing it's you walking in (and not some conservative busybody), nor do you know you're walking in on me and not some stuffy prude. I'd be the first person to shop in a clothing optional clothes shop ("walk in naked, leave dressed"), but apart from a clothing camp I encountered at Burning Man, I have never seen such a thing. So as long as our "proclivities" (e.g., getting completely undressed in a public place) remain taboo, we must keep them under wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment