Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Peaceful Rain



In this video, I was trying to capture the peaceful feeling of standing out on the porch, listening to the rain. I didn't realize I was standing nearly out of the frame! It's thematically appropriate that I had wet hair, but it's actually because I had just gotten out of the shower, otherwise I might have been tempted to go frolic in the rain (as I've done before). I really like the heavy sound of the rainfall at the beginning of the video (it tapers off, but you can hear the difference if you come to the end, and then start it back at the beginning again) - that's something that you can't control, and you just have to leave up to happenstance. I've found in my experience that severe weather is always very fleeting. It could rain for days, but it'll only unleash that full power for minutes at a time before softening up. Yet those are my favorite times.

No comments:

Post a Comment