Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Why Nudism? (Part 3)



I enjoy pointing out the practical benefits of nudism, but the truth is, there are spiritual aspects to it as well. These are things that maybe not every textile will be able to understand, but could be of profound importance to the type of person who makes nudism a priority in their life. I'll be the first to admit that lying naked in the grass can be very itchy (and it's no fun scratching at bug bites for days), but nudism wouldn't be half as compelling if there weren't some mystical aspects to it drawing us away from modern civilization to experience an altered reality that feels somehow closer to our roots. It doesn't necessarily have to make sense, it just has to feel right. I hope to explore this perspective further in some other shots in this series.

I was concerned about making this image too similar to the second one in the series ("Because I don't want any tan lines"); so I consciously flipped my body over, and switched the direction of the diagonal. Visually, they're similar, but the themes are distinct enough to be worth covering separately. I would have shot this one later, but opportunity struck, and I wasn't about to pass it up (unfortunately, it looks like it's going to take me longer than I had anticipated to shoot the rest of this series). I was also considering posing against a tree, but I think lying in the grass perfectly evokes the notion of being "closer to the Earth". I'm sure I'll have another chance to feature a tree in this series, at some point. Here's an outtake from the shoot:


No comments:

Post a Comment