Monday, May 19, 2014

Eastern Light




It's amazing to look at these photos and then think about where I was five years ago. A lot of my photography was very dark then - in a literal sense, but occasionally also figuratively. It was a reflection of my life: I was living nocturnally at the time. I've always been a night owl, and as someone who is shy and introverted, I found a certain security in the quiet mask of darkness. But my current living conditions don't allow such a luxury. On the other hand, even as a night creature, I always revered the sun - instead of shunning it, like I was supposed to - and although I doubt I'll ever change my mind about my preference for pale, untanned skin, one must admit that my hair looks extra gorge with fully natural, sun-bleached highlights. It pays to look on the bright side of things. -_^


No comments:

Post a Comment