Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Inventory

I keep the photos I take in folders on my computer labeled by day, sorted into folders by month, and by year. I don't take pictures every day, but I do take them more days than not. Not all of it is self-portraits, of course, but that is my most frequent subject.

Anyway, I've started doing an inventory of all the content I've left unfinished (processing it for sharing) since the fall of 2021 (which is where I left off when Patreon committed its act of injustice against me). Even though all I'm doing is writing folder names down in a text document, as a sort of index to guide me to where there is still work to be done, just getting it organized has been enormously helpful to my headspace. It's no longer a jumbled mess of unidentified folders scattered across three years of photos - it's a neat list I can check off as I go along, getting the work done that's been ignored and piling up for years.

To think that, even now, I'm still recovering from the effects of the way Patreon treated me, and the impact it had on my health (both physically and mentally). If there were any cosmic justice in this universe... but I don't believe in that idealistic bullshit. I've seen too much to maintain such naive delusions. We inflict so much unnecessary suffering on each other, just because we're superstitious about sexual pleasure. I can see a better way; so why doesn't anybody listen to me?

Nevertheless, I'm still trucking along, leaving what impact I can on this world, in the vain hope that when it's all said and done, my having ever existed in the first place will have been worth it. I just wish I'd been born to a more promising species. One that deserved me, and had its shit together enough to recognize the potential in me, and the means to utilize my talents for the betterment of all. Because that's what I want to do. But all I see around me is regression, and the resentment of anyone who promotes progress. Humans are either dumb, or scum. And neither alternative inspires much confidence.

Addendum (2 days later): Much of the relief I felt has evaporated, now that I've completed the inventory and realize how much work there is to be done. Going back to October of 2021 (fully 3 years ago), which is when the backlog starts, there are approximately 200 separate folders (that is, days) worth of photos in various stages of incompletion. Some of these folders might have a handful of photos that need watermarks. A great many of them have multiple videos that need to be canvassed for screen caps - which is a tedious job. We're talking three summers' worth of outdoor recreation, among other things.

I should be glad I have enough content to guarantee posting will continue without undue interruption for years to come, even if I were to put down the camera and not take another shot from this day on (and we both know that's not going to happen). But the task ahead intimidates me, and I know I have a lot of great stuff that I'm excited to share - there's just so much of it that it's going to take a while to sort through it all. And heaven forbid I should have an accident or a medical emergency and miss the chance to release it to the public, or lose the use of my right arm due to excessive clicking and dragging (I'm not even kidding), before all is said and done. (Having anxiety means you frequently think about these sorts of things)...

2 comments:

  1. There's a few peoples (and I am part of them) who really appreciate your work, your art, and the amazing model that you art. If you can make just one person happy by your work, its worth it (and I can say you are constantly making me very happy by your ART zharth) I love the way you are thinking sweetie. I love your freedom, your sensuality and your sexuality. Keep being who you are, just for yourself and that's a big middle finger raised up their tight asses. Your rebellion (and the same from a few others) remind them they will NEVER silence us. Be yourself, be happy and they will never will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get some satisfaction out of knowing that my persistent rebellion vexes the forces that would stand against me. I've said on multiple occasions, for example, that the best way to fight the censorship of erotic art is to keep producing erotic images (to quote Miley Cyrus, "we can't stop, and we won't stop"). But as far as being happy, society places a lot of obstacles between me and that goal. So I guess we kinda keep each other miserable, lol. But why must people keep on propagating this suffering? Because they're dumb animals - tribal, selfish, and short-sighted. They can't even help themselves. And I can't escape their influence.

      I do appreciate the impact my art and my writing has on individuals. It's one of the most rewarding things about being an artist, when people reach out to me and let me know that being unapologetically myself (and uncommonly articulate) has helped them to discover themselves or not feel so alone. I just want to have some impact beyond my lifetime and the lifetimes of the few people I've touched who outlive me. Maybe my art will do that. Or maybe it's just my ego making me want to feel important. But I do sense that the world today is in crisis, and I wish there was more that I could do to help. Because a lot of the time things just feel so hopeless.

      Delete