Monday, March 27, 2023

Timeless


Here's an alternate image from an entry to my Why Nudism? series from 2018. I have a funny story to tell about the day I shot this image. I had to move a lot of furniture around to get this corner looking like I wanted it, so the rest of my living room was a mess.

I didn't know it at the time, but a large group of family was playing at the park down at the end of the street. Without any kind of advance warning, they decided to pop in for a hydration break and to use the bathroom. What's worse, they tried the front door before knocking (you gotta love family), and this was the one day out of a hundred that it wasn't locked.

So in they came, right in the middle of my photoshoot! Can you guess which of these outfits I was wearing? Let me just say, they were lucky I was shooting a concept that had a 2/3 chance of me wearing clothes. Because almost any other time, I would have been completely naked when they walked through that door.

But they were none the wiser, and were gone following a quick but rowdy interlude. Afterward, I walked into the bathroom only to be reminded that I had several pairs of girly panties hanging in the shower to dry - which I had hung up that day because I wasn't expecting anyone else to be in the house! What they each thought as they stepped into the bathroom I can only imagine, because nobody mentioned a thing...

2 comments:

  1. Very funny. You were lucky. But why using your home? Very strange to enter a house even if the door is unlock. But funny story anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be inclined to agree with you, but different families have different customs - e.g., the "it's always open" approach. But having a nudist in the family definitely teaches the merits of knocking first, I would think.

      Delete