Saturday, August 14, 2021

Skinny Dip Rant

What would you say if I told you that I went skinny dipping? Would you share in my excitement, or would you chastise me for tempting the fates and risking public indecency? What if I told you that I left my swimsuit at the car, instead of wearing it to the shore and stripping off there? Why? Because doing so extends my naked time (hiking through the woods plus swimming, instead of just swimming).

But what if I also told you that being stuck without an escape route makes the experience all the more thrilling? Does that mean there's something wrong with me? It's not that I WANT to get caught, or to expose myself to anyone involuntarily, but being further away from my clothes enhances the purity and the enjoyment of my nudity.

I wish I knew more people who understood this, that I could share these experiences with. I know it's not the safest or perhaps the smartest plan of action (although at the same time, I think the "danger" of being inadvertently spotted while enjoying what is supposed to be clandestine nude recreation - which means you're not conspicuously brandishing your genitals in front of strangers - is over-exaggerated), but it's a calculated risk with a verified personal reward.

And I want to be able to tell the story of how I couldn't get back to my car because somebody else had pulled in, and how I had to hide in the bushes until they followed the trail down to the lake and I could sneak past them*, to someone who can appreciate the humor and the excitement of the situation, instead of judging me and criticizing me for engaging in "reckless behavior".

Because, of all the vices people regularly indulge in (both legal and illegal - as all the beer cans callously littered across this nature preserve will attest to), is a little bit of naked mischief really such a horrible way to add a little spice and adventure to your life?

----------------

*I know opinions among nudists are divided on how to handle encountering textiles while engaging in so-called "secret naturism" outside of approved boundaries, and that many idealistically support the approach to stand proud and act like nothing's out of the ordinary. In theory, I too like that approach, as the only way to normalize nudity is to expose people to it. But in practice, it may actually do more harm than good, and everyone has to consider their own safety above the goals of "the lifestyle".

In any case, although hiding in the bushes means tacitly acknowledging that what you're doing is wrong, it also lends evidence to the case that you're not trying to be seen and thus cause a disturbance, which is often taken into consideration on the subject of indecent exposure. Although it may undermine the ideals of nudism, it shows an understanding and respect for those (who happen to make up the majority of the population) who are not nudists.

No comments:

Post a Comment