Sunday, August 19, 2018

Dick Pics



If dick pics have a bad reputation (and they certainly do), it's not because there's anything wrong with them. Like erotic media in general, much of it is produced without taste or skill - but it is my mission to prove that though this is the norm, it is not, however, inevitable.


Which is not to say that any of these pictures belong in a museum (necessarily). But my goal is to produce interesting pictures, and as an erotic artist, I think the male genitalia is at least interesting. Certainly, some penises are more photogenic than others, and it matters how they're posed.


Aside from the crassness of a genital closeup, the main strike against the reputation of dick pics is that they are, like a flasher in a trench coat, presumed to be shared with unsuspecting and non-consenting strangers. I make no defense of this behavior.


The statement that "nobody likes dick pics", however, is flat out incorrect. I know this from personal experience. The people who do like dick pics may not be the women who disproportionately get them - they may, rather, be more statistically likely to be gay men - but the fact remains that there is an audience for them, and that means there is a place for them in this world.


If you want to argue where that place is, and propose methods of keeping them where they belong, then I'll not only support you in that endeavor, but I'll even go so far as to join you. I like to be part of these discussions, and I think they need to be conducted among representatives of all sides. (After all, isn't that the founding principle of democracy?).


But there is very little under the stars that can be dismissed outright, and that sort of dismissive attitude (the antithesis of patience and tolerance) I find very unappealing.

1 comment: