Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beauty Image


It's true that when I put on this smoking hot bikini, I get jealous of the hot girls out there who look so much better than I do. I think about how hot those girls look in a bikini, and it frustrates me that I don't look like they do.

I guess this could be a statement about magazine models and how "evil" they are for warping our expectations of beauty, and forcing insecure people to develop shame and poor body image and eating disorders and whatnot. But I have nothing against beautiful people. I envy them, but if they didn't exist, [my] life would be so much darker. I'd have nothing to look at.

I might wish I looked better than I do, but I'm not ashamed of the way I look. I'm not afraid to stand naked before strangers - I'm a nudist, after all, not to mention an erotic model. And when people tell me I look good, I (usually) believe them. I'm vain and I'm a narcissist, so you know I know I'm beautiful. But I'm a guy, and I wish I had a perfectly girlish figure. There are different angles to it, as it's a complicated issue.

And the last thing I'm going to do is complain about beautiful people being beautiful. I think it's important to cultivate a positive body image, but part of that is accepting that beauty is subjective, and some people will look more attractive (to you, to me, to anybody) than others. And after all, there's nothing wrong with maintaining your appearance. Getting or staying in shape. It's all about having a healthy attitude and approach.

We can't all be aesthetic gods and goddesses. And we don't all have to. But let the ones who are, enjoy it. And enjoy it yourself by getting an eyeful. One of the reasons I want to be attractive is because I feel guilty looking at attractive people, because of the fallout from sexual repression. If I didn't have to feel bad staring at beautiful people, I'd feel less of a need to be a flawless beauty myself. It's like, if I want anything in life, I have to get it for myself. To all the beautiful people out there, don't horde, please. Share the beauty. Commodifying it only places it in demand, leading to greed and unhealthy attempts to attain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment