Tyr-brand swim brief
Why do I wear swim briefs? Because I like to wear swim briefs. Why do I like them? Well, let's see...
Reasons I like swim briefs:
* They're comfortable. I'm a nudist, and I'm comfortable in my skin. I like the feeling of not wearing clothes. So, in lieu of being permitted to go skinny dipping, the less I have to wear while swimming, the better.
* They're sexy. As someone who makes an effort to stay in shape, and who understands the appeal of eye candy, wearing swim briefs makes me feel sexy (regardless of how they make you feel).
* They're brief. Compared to shorts (especially the wide-legged, knee-length variety that is currently in vogue), there's less fabric to get in the way while swimming. There's also less fabric that needs to dry after you get out. (Also, fewer visible tan lines!).
tan-through swimwear by Kiniki
* They're more like underwear than clothes. As someone who enjoys swimming at any opportunity, I like that I can wear swim briefs under my clothes and be ready to swim at a moment's notice. They also preserve the action of getting undressed to go swimming, which feels natural to me, as someone who doesn't like to swim in my clothes. If this seems weird, consider that a great many women's swimsuits also resemble underwear.
* On that note, as a person with an unconventional gender identity, I like that swim briefs more closely resemble the style of swimsuits that women often wear, while still being practical for my anatomy. As such, I feel that wearing swim briefs promotes equality of the sexes, holding men's bodies to the same high standards as women's.
* Furthermore, I feel that men have a comparable lack of options when it comes to swimwear. There are plenty of colors and patterns, but hardly any variety in styles, with alternatives very hard to find in stores. Therefore, by exercising my right (where applicable) to wear swim briefs, whether the greater public appreciates it or not, I am exposing them to diversity, and promoting the freedom of choice.
a Speedo original
In conclusion, I think swim briefs are not only comfortable and practical, but also sexy, and wearing them promotes the democratic values of freedom, equality, and diversity that I believe in. That's why I wear them. And why you, even if you don't like wearing them yourself, should support those of us who do.