Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Progress



It's hard, sometimes, feeling like the world doesn't accept you for who you are. But when even appeals to logic and compassion fall on closed ears, I take comfort in the knowledge that my existence alone can frustrate those who oppose progress. In those cases, it feels good to make people uncomfortable (I believe they referred to it in the sixties as "freaking out squares"). Because you can talk all you want about what's to be done with people like me. But I'm not going to change, and I'm not going anywhere - whether you like it or not. It happened with homosexuality, and it's happening with the transgender community. And believe me when I say that it doesn't stop there. (No matter where you stand, if you think it stops there, you're going to be surprised when you get passed by). So you can either join the inexorable march of progress, or cling to your antiquated notions and be trampled underfoot. The only question you have to ask yourself is: where will your name be written in the annals of history?


No comments:

Post a Comment