Thursday, May 7, 2020

Ten Years of Truth & Beauty

I've been reminiscing over the last month in anticipation of this blog's ten year anniversary. Can you believe it? I've been posting my thoughts (and a lot of my photography) on this blog for ten years, and it's still a regular fixture in my life. Then again, looking back at the first year of posts on this blog, I'm surprised at how early I was debating some of the very same issues that continue to plague me today (although it seems as though I really began to hit my stride around 2016) - such as the tenuous line between erotic photography and nudism, the inadequacy of cis-normative conceptions of sexual orientation, and the misrepresentation of voyeurism and exhibitionism. But does that mean I should hang up my hat, and call it a day? Surely, by now, I've said everything I have to say on these topics. Right?

Except that this blog serves as a therapeutic outlet for my tireless mental processes. And I enjoy writing for it. In ten years, I have posted a whopping 1,332 entries. Yet, that is a huge and intimidating barrier of entry for new readers. I wanted to compile a "top ten" or "best of" list to accompany this post, but even with a month's preparation, that would have required an inordinate amount of reading (and digestion) on my part. Still, I browsed through the archives, and tracked down some of my more memorable posts (numbering in the dozens), that I think are among the most insightful, or entertaining to read. I've split them into general categories for your convenience (with the understanding that a lot of these issues frequently overlap).

Art, Modeling, and Photography

The Principles of Exposure
Body Appeal (And Other Issues)

Nudism

My Life In Nudism
Spending a Day at a Nudist Resort

Voyeurism & Exhibitionism

The Illicit(?) Thrill of Nudity
Cost Benefits of Naked Exhibition
Sex-Positivity

The Gender Scale
Adventures of a Transgender MtF in Hicksville, USA

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post. I've found it very useful and insightful, and it has enabled me to re-visit many of my favorite posts from the past.

    I'm also going to work through your instructions for making a clone, which I meant to do before but didn't get around to.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete