Saturday, June 1, 2019

Spring Shopping (3/3)

We'll close it out with a fashion two-fer! Today you get an outfit of the day and fitting room photos!


This is a hand-me-down dress I just got my hands on. I like it a lot. It's comfortable, it's feminine, it looks good on me, it's quick and easy to put on and take off, it's suitably breezy for the summer, and it's casual enough that I can wear it for something as mundane as running to the store, while still looking nice while doing it. There's even some pink mixed in with those tiger stripes!


I'm trying to find some more shorts to add to my wardrobe (this bralette top is just something I picked up to model with the shorts, since I was wearing a dress). High-rise seems to be the fashion this season, but I like low-rise. I've got a flat tummy (that I work hard to maintain) and killer hips - I want to show them off! Why is it so hard to find something off-trend? Fashionable or not, not everybody looks good in the same clothes; I believe in freedom of choice. I can't wait until our clothes are 3D printed from a pattern, with fully customizable sizes, colors, cuts, etc.


I also tried on this dress, which caught my eye as I made my way to the fitting room. It's so pretty! It cost way more than I was willing to spend on it, though.


When I saw this off-the-shoulder bikini top in the store, it just screamed at me to try it on. I don't know about the fit, though. It squashes my chest, and the bottoms are unremarkable - the front would look good on a girl, I'm sure, but it's too streamlined to hold my bulge, and the back doesn't do much for my butt (it could use a little ruching). Ah well, you never know until you try it on!


I love it when fitting rooms have these angled mirror alcoves (is there a special name for these things?) - they're so much fun to view your reflection in! I get self-conscious using them, though, because you never know when somebody's going to walk by, and it's like, "what, the mirror in your changing booth isn't good enough?" And trying on clothes is risky business, because you're half-dressed half the time, and I'm worried somebody will think I don't belong if they see too much of my anatomy. (It sucks, I know, but there it is, regardless). Especially when I'm modeling bikinis...

No comments:

Post a Comment