Friday, May 31, 2019

Spring Shopping (2/3)



Have I mentioned before how much I hate Walmart's fitting rooms? The mirror is awkwardly placed against the edge of the wall, and the bench cuts off the view of your feet. The lighting's not the best, either, although it's not the worst fitting room lighting I've ever encountered. But I feel like I'm always struggling to get a decent picture in there.

I don't hate Walmart's clothes - I actually own quite a lot. But I'm pretty frustrated with them right now. Their swimsuits aren't very inspiring this year, and most of their athletic clothes (particularly their shorts) are incredibly frumpy. I tried on several pairs of jogging shorts in a size small, and they were all humongous on me! At the same time, I tried on some sports bras in a size small, and I couldn't get them on, they were so small! Who is Walmart marketing to, women with 80 inch waists and 20 inch busts? It's ridiculous!

One thing I discovered is that trying on shirts is pretty provocative when you're wearing thong underwear with a dress - and don't have any shorts or pants to model in. :-x


I tried on a couple of red bikinis, because I'm looking for something I could use in a photoshoot - something very basic and red. I was pretty underwhelmed with these, though - although I did like the sheer panels on the second one.


I really liked this swim wrap, on the other hand. But I realized I already have one pretty much just like it...


That didn't stop me from trying it on in various stages of undress, however. :-3


How's this for a gym outfit, lol? Rawr! Though, to be fair, I've actually seen runners dressed in not much more than this. And why not?

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in dresses. I have only worn womens clothes in secret and have not braved ever an event outside like you do. I so admire that about you. I just have not gathered the encouragement yet. When I have worn women's clothes I found myself getting very aroused and felt a need to masturbate while wearing them. Do you find this is the case with you too? If not can you explain why I am having these feelings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being very self-conscious about wearing women's clothes in public early on, but I'm so used to it now, I don't even think twice about it most times. I think that's just a hurdle you have to get over, if it's something that means enough to you to be worth getting over. But some things help, like having an encouraging friend, which I am lucky enough to have.

      I think there may be a spectrum on one end of which wearing women's clothes is mainly a sexual fetish thing, and on the other end it's more to do with identity. And it's okay to be somewhere in the middle. (Heck, it's okay even if it's just a fetish, but then that may not be something you want or need to go public about). Sometimes I get aroused putting certain clothes on, but mainly they're the really sexy clothes, like skimpy bikinis. Other clothes I feel good in because they reflect my feminine interests - like when I look in the mirror and see a pretty girl instead of a guy, and it makes me happy.

      I also think that, as much as I hate to stereotype, regardless of gender identity, the male sex drive is a bit more...unrestrained in the sense that guys are capable of sexualizing anything and everything (not that there's anything wrong with that). So it's possible to introduce oneself to an idea predominantly from a sexual perspective that you later find is interesting for more than sexual reasons, which is actually pretty much how I became interested in nudism, when I was a naive adolescent with a budding libido.

      My advice is to take your time learning about yourself, and enjoy the journey!

      Delete