Saturday, November 24, 2018

Boutiquing



I tend to like to get a shot of the street clothes I wore into the store, to contrast with whatever I try on. In this case, it was nothing but dresses, and in the cooler months, I tend to be bundled up in more "conservative" clothes. So I think it makes an interesting contrast here. I loved the cut of the skirt on that blue dress, but the top was dangerously restrictive on me - you can see it pressing into my chest.


I seemed to be picking out all blues and purples this time for some reason. That first dress was really pretty, and fit me decently. But I was just trying things on for fun. Do I really need more dresses for my closet?


Honestly, I think I'm becoming disillusioned with fitting room selfies. The amount of effort required to wrangle a usable result, compared with the frequent mediocrity of that result (few of these images truly do justice to the clothes they depict), compounded by the atmosphere of the fitting room - in which cramped quarters, poor lighting, and a sense of urgency often exacerbated by the presence of others milling about outside (or rapidly approaching closing times -_-;), impairs one's ability to construct a decent shot - makes me think they're hardly worth it. Still, I like trying on new and different things (also, having an excuse to get undressed outside the home), and I enjoy sharing those experiences, so... I guess I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment