Monday, September 17, 2018

More-ning Sun (+ Bikini Top)



It's amazing how the light - from the same source (the sun, duh) - can have such a different personality or "flavor profile" at different times of the day.


I haven't had a whole lot of chances to get out and shoot in the morning before noon, so this look has a novel appeal to me. I took advantage of it to do another bikini fashion show, to settle an issue that was on my mind.

The number one problem that prevents me from wearing bikinis (or women's swimsuits in general) in public is the fact that, due to the differences in male and female anatomy, the section that covers the crotch is woefully inadequate at containing my genitalia. As such, I'm often hanging out all over the place, or the fabric of the suit does not stretch far enough to close the gap between it and my body (either along the top, or between the thighs), leading to some potentially indecent exposure.

The new low-rise swim brief I bought this year is an excellent solution because it's designed to securely hold a man's package, but the cut of it is very similar to a woman's bikini bottom, and doesn't have the characteristic "Speedo look", which tends to come up too high on the waist. It doesn't conceal my bulge (although basic black is fairly forgiving), but paired with a bikini top, especially at a glance or from a distance, it may effectively create the illusion that I'm female, as long as nobody's taking a closer look. So it may not be good for, say, a crowded pool, but at the lake, where everybody is spread out, it might prevent (as has happened recently) some confusion as to whether I'm a topless woman, or just a really feminine guy in a "Speedo".

So I tried pairing it with this really cute frilly pink top I picked up (which you've seen it with before), but although I think tube tops are sexy, they don't stay in place very well (probably even more so because I don't really have breasts for them to hug), and they're not the most flattering cut for my shoulders, either. So I was wondering if I had some other bikini top I could wear this swim brief with, and that seemed like an excellent excuse to do a fashion show!


I think I like the black string bikini top the best. I don't know if it'll stay in place any better than the tube top (I've never worn a string bikini for actual swimming), but it's worth a try!

Of course, this is my favorite way to wear a swim brief:


This swim coverup is so cute. It's a thick mesh (so it mostly covers you up, but with a hint of exposure), with a skewed skirt that comes up high enough on one side to show some "bikini cheek", and a slit on the other side for your leg to come through. I've had a hard time taking a picture that does it justice, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment