Thursday, August 23, 2018

Imperial Rome



I fell in love with this dress the instant I saw it on the racks. I was thinking that I don't own very many dresses with long skirts, seeing as I like to show off my legs - but a long skirt can be very elegant and feminine. This dress is a vibrant purple, with sparkling gold accents. It reminds me of imperial Rome. I just need a pair of golden rope sandals to go with it. Maybe a gold leaf circlet. And a pair of Icarus briefs* underneath, for when I slip off the dress at the bath house.


*Did I tell you about this idea I have? If I were a fashion designer, I'd create a swimsuit that consists of a flesh-toned thong, with a fabric imitation fig leaf sewn into the front. So it looks like you're walking around naked but for the fig leaf! I think it sounds really fun. I call it an Icarus brief because it was inspired by a drawing of Icarus and Daedalus (Icarus' father, who not only created Icarus' wings, but the Labyrinth that housed the Minotaur) I came across once.

No comments:

Post a Comment