Thursday, May 3, 2018

Hotel Life - Evening Views




This is another clone shot I wish I'd put a little more thought into. I always feel overwhelmed (artistically speaking) when staying at a hotel or motel. They're all very similar on a fundamental level, but each one has its own idiosyncrasies. And when I'm traveling, I'm usually very busy, have a lot on my mind, and am concerned about filling my camera(s) up with hundreds of pictures I'll have to sort through when I get home. I never feel like I have enough time, or a clear enough mind, to properly size up the hotel/motel room, and adequately exhaust its photographic potential. Traveling is truly an exercise in what I like to call "flash photography" - that is, photography performed in a flash (and not necessarily using a flash).


No comments:

Post a Comment