Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Why Nudism? (Part 19)



To put it simply, clothing can be a nuisance. Even before I spent a lot of time rationalizing the many reasons I like to go nude, there was the simple feeling of comfort that came with not being tied up in my clothes. For most of my life, I haven't put much effort into getting dressed. I'd wear loose jeans and t-shirts (even sweatshirts and sweatpants when I was a kid) in order to prioritize comfort.

More lately, I've learned to appreciate the joy and confidence that an attention to fashion can bring, but it's always at the expense of physical comfort, and not in tandem with it. At the end of the day (and throughout most days, really), I'd just rather not wear anything at all. That's why I don't like to dress in layers, or wear a lot of jewelry - it's just more "stuff" on my body, dragging me down.

I don't think everyone has this problem - certainly, not everyone feels comfortable without clothes on - but for those of us who may be more sensitive than average to physical stimuli, or have sensory overload issues, practicing nudism can be a great relief. If you've ever come home at the end of a long day, and taken off some or all of your clothes to help you unwind, then you know what I'm talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment