Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Why Nudism? (Part 18)



I like to say that irony is a nudist doing laundry. But, of course, even nudists have to wear clothes some of the time, and in a perfect world, would still have towels and sheets to wash. But you can significantly reduce the amount of laundry that needs to be done by not wearing clothes any more than you have to. Lounging around the house on a weekend? Don't bother putting on pants. Gardening or yard work? Let your skin absorb some sunshine. Going on vacation? Lighten up your suitcase by spending it at a nudist resort.

There are times when it makes sense to wear clothes, and other times when it doesn't. In my mind, a nudist paradise wouldn't necessarily be one in which everyone was naked all the time. It would just be one in which people would be free to go naked when it makes sense to. Some activities lend themselves very well to nudism - like outdoor sports and swimming. I think doing the laundry is another one - all laundromats should be clothing optional. There's nothing more satisfying than putting everything - even the clothes off your back - into the washing machine and starting fresh. If I'm still dressed when I hit the button to start the cycle, I feel like I've missed something.

No comments:

Post a Comment