Sunday, January 28, 2018

Waking Up



Normally, it would be considered narcissistic to wake up, get one look at your body, and think, "damn, I'm hot - let me take a selfie." But when you really are hot, it's actually a public service to document that so the rest of the world can enjoy it, too.





It's old news now, but I didn't get started modeling because I had an overinflated opinion of my own appearance. It started out with me sending flirty pictures to my girlfriend. But I enjoyed the process, and I liked the results. This won't be the first time I've quoted Elle Fanning's character in The Neon Demon, but "I know what I look like - what's wrong with that, anyway?" Too much beauty in this world goes unappreciated as it is. I'm not going to contribute to that kind of wastefulness. Everyone is so critical, but if you don't like it, you can just not look.

In law, there's a saying that goes along the lines of, it's better to let 10 guilty men go free than to let one innocent man be wrongfully accused. It's not the way that modern law works, unfortunately, but it's something I happen to agree with. I don't care if the whole world develops narcissistic personality disorder (which is really a lot more than just thinking "I'm hot"), if it'll prevent even one beautiful person from going through her whole life not realizing how beautiful she is, and not selflessly sharing that beauty with the rest of the world, it will be worth it. I'm just doing my part to make that world a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment