Thursday, December 28, 2017

Blue Light Xmas



You're probably familiar with this tradition by now. I'm wondering how much longer I ought to keep it going. Is there ever a point where it becomes appropriate to retire a longstanding tradition? On the one hand, when you keep doing the same thing over and over again, you eventually run out of ideas and it begins to grow stale; you want to reallocate that creativity to something a little more fresh. But on the other hand, how can you stop doing something you've been doing for so long? Like, one year, you're just going to wake up and decide, this is where it ends?

I'm fascinated with the passage of time, and photo projects of this sort, so I'll probably keep it up as long as I have the opportunity (and there's no telling how long that will last - due to all the factors that are outside of my control). In the end, I suppose the effort of taking a few pictures you might decide you don't want is easier than the agony of looking back and regretting not having taken them for whatever reason. Maybe it's a little bit narcissistic, but I'd like to believe that there could be some anthropological value in my extended archive of photographic memories, if I ever amount to anything in my life - or after it.

In my new pajamas...

...my new Santa dress (a little bit more modest than in past years)...

...and out of it!


And a few bonuses. I think I have a fascination for shooting in this room mainly because it was off-limits for so long; it's one of the few places in this house that's still relatively "new" to me.


And, with that, I think Xmas is finally over! Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment