Monday, November 27, 2017

Sarong Comparison

As hard as it is to believe that so much time has passed, next year is the ten year anniversary of the Daily Nudes project that launched my erotic photography hobby in earnest. So, I've been thinking back on some of my old photographs a lot lately. I staged a reconstruction of this one photo taken in September of 2008. The photo on the right was taken just recently, more than nine years after the one on the left. This kind of thing fascinates me - to see how closely I can get to the original, even as doing so magnifies the sometimes subtle things that have changed.


My life was very dark ten years ago - literally, as I lived a more or less nocturnal schedule. There's a lot more sunshine in my life now, although that's not evident in this picture. I'm hoping to do a number of homages to my original Daily Nudes project over the course of the next year. I don't live in the same place, so they may be more spiritual successors than note-for-note recreations, but I think it'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment