Tuesday, November 7, 2017

On Top of the World



With many thanks to my "assistant", without whom these pictures would never have been taken (the wind was actually blowing my tripod over!).









So, we were on top of this tower with a commanding view of the countryside - and of the path leading up to the tower. What's more, you have to climb four flights of rickety steps to get to the top, so there's plenty of time to make yourself "presentable" if you see or hear somebody coming. (Although there's less coverage in the fall when the trees thin out).

At the tail end of an impromptu photo session, I was preparing to perform a back bend for the camera, when my partner noticed a few people coming up the trail down below. She was, understandably, a bit skittish, but I knew I had plenty of time, so I went ahead with the back bend anyway (knowing there were people approaching), trusting my partner to hurry up and get the shot before she went into panic mode.

And I still had plenty of time to get dressed before the visitors reached the top of the tower, none the wiser for what had just been transpiring there, at which point the two of us took our leave. But the real kicker was that the new arrivals were wearing t-shirts indicating that they were part of some church group. :-3 But hey, no harm, no foul.

No comments:

Post a Comment