Monday, August 1, 2016

Monkeying Around



I enjoy taking pictures while using the pull up bar. You get such interesting shots of poses you don't normally see. And I really like the emphasis on the body as an amazing machine, performing incredible feats of dexterity and strength. If I had the resources, I'd love to do a series of shots with various kinds of athletes, demonstrating the utilitarianism of the human body, to show that there is beauty in both form and function. (Which is one of the reasons I get so irritated about not being allowed to photograph volleyball players at nudist resorts). This is, however, an activity that tires you out fast (not that posing for photographs isn't already more strenuous than it looks), limiting your ability to hold or duplicate that pose long enough for the photographer to get a great shot - especially given the limitations of self-portrait photography. Still, for what it's worth:




(I really need to get a decent studio, though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment