Monday, July 18, 2011

Pet Peeve

Pet Peeve: people who would make me feel bad about wanting to take pictures of pretty girls nude. Like as if doing so makes me a bad person - for "degrading" or "objectifying" women (I call it "honoring" and "celebrating") - or that it makes me a weak person - for giving in to temptations of the flesh (as if we weren't supposed to enjoy the few pleasures there are in life).

I am an artist, and it is my calling to seek out beauty, in the perfect form in which it appears to me, and to capture it and share it with the world. What I do (or rather, at this point, what I'd like to be doing) is beautiful, in spite of your body shame, religious guilt, and sexual hang-ups. And if you have nothing good to say about what I do, then you've got nothing for me to hear. Go find another target for your psychological abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment